Thursday, February 3, 2011

Artist: Central Nervous System, Album: I Could Have Danced All Night, Song: I'm Comin' To Get Ya

"Now it might take time and a whole lot of sweat but I know babe I'm gonna get to you yet."  The Central Nervous System were a soul band from Halifax, Nova Scotia.  They were on the Music Factory label for one release in 1968 entitled, I Could Have Danced All Night.  They recorded the album in New York with legendary producer Eddie Kramer (Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Small Faces, Traffic).  Unfortunately, the band broke up a year later before any promotion or touring could take place.  The members were Dough Billard, Keith Jollimore, Bruce Cassidy, Richard Oakley, Jim White and Jack Lilly.  Billard and White would go on to be discovered as Pepper Tree a couple of years later.  Almost all of the members spent time in the band, Lighthouse, as well.  I'm completely blown away by the sound of this album especially when I consider where they were from.  These guys sounded like they were disciples of James Brown on this track, I'm Comin' To Get Ya.  If you enjoy soul music with lots of funky horns, you are going to dig this.  The album was actually re-released by Retro Disc International from Spain in 2008.  Unfortunately though, a CD copy of the album is still quite rare.  At the time of this blog, there were vinyl copies of the album available on Ebay and Amazon trading between $10 and $25.  You can hear the song, I'm Comin' To Get Ya, on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFSSu_YYoxo).  Thanks for reading and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment